Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Blogger Beta's Sticky Proposition

I just moved Mom on Mobile to the new Blogger Beta, after seeing the irresistable "Move to Blogger Beta" icon and a tip-off from the Geekette. Blogger made sure that I didn't have to lift too many fingers to do it: simply register for a Google account, and they automatically transfer the entire content to the new platform. Well, that's service.

I find Blogger Beta's emphasis on doing mobile blogging highly, highly attractive. Look how I got to capture my daughter's sleepy moment during Typhoon Milenyo and my retreat moments in Makiling Conference Center using my new Sony Erricson K800i . Thanks to Blogger's savvy tie-up with Sony Erricson, it's so easy to regularly capture blog-worthy moments in true anytime-anywhere fashion. Now, Mom on Mobile can really live up to its name! More on the m-blogging journey later in another post. . .

I can now make labels for my entries too. What I don't like, though, is that they have to tie me up to a new e-mail address, which I frankly don't need. I'm having a bit of a hard time uploading my photos too. Well, Blogger Beta's saved by the photo blog function in the m-blogging apps.

Blogger caught me in time before I completely became enamored with Wordpress: I was quite happy with the way Wordpress elevated my Architelago e-learning blog and Architerra real estate blogs to pro-sheen status. It was soo cool and efficient to organize my blog entries by my own named category. Plus it's e-commerce-savvy to have free blog stats to track your traffic! However, I missed being able to program my own keywords (so I'll be searchable, of course!) in Wordpress (or maybe I haven't found out how to do it in the templates?) .

So the move is complete, and Mom on Mobile is on an exploration trip with Blogger Beta. Let's see how far we can go!

No comments: